Troubleshooting GPS issues
There are a few things to check while troubleshooting GPS issues:
- Determine if your device has a GPS. A GPS is not always included with a computer. If your device does not have a GPS, you can purchase an external GPS.
- Make sure your external GPS is plugged in.
- An external GPS may also be connected to a vehicle dock. Interference from the dock may prevent the GPS from working. You may try connecting the GPS directly to the computer.
- For COM port style GPS sensors, only one application can use the GPS at a time. If there are two applications that require GPS, this can prevent the second application from access the GPS data.
- Try repositioning the GPS sensor. The GPS sensor needs a clear view of the sky to work.
- Monitor the GPS activity by clicking Settings then GPS.